Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 5:19 — 2.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Our co-host for the month of March is Jim Canfield (@jimcanfield) and one of our guests for March was Tim Leman (@TimLeman).
In this episode, Mitchell Levy and his co-host for the month of March, Jim Canfield,interview #ThoughtLeader Tim Leman, the chairman and CEO at Gibson Insurance. The lively discussion starts with Tim relating how being “lonely at the top ” resonates for him. He says that when you’re at the top, the friendships and relationships that you have all change. Tim shares how he copes with these changes through his leadership blogs, which have helped him stay connected and allow him to be transparent and humble. Jim notes that not all executives are able to keep relationships, and asks Tim what specific tools he can share with other execs who want to stay close with their constituency. Tim frequently uses social media to keep connected and figure out what matters to a group of people or an individual. He also hasa 15-minute spontaneous meeting online every Friday with a certain employee or group.
Another interesting topic is the evolution of Tim’s company as a place where millennials and boomers get to work together and support each other. Tim says they get more productivity when the millennials are teamed with boomers. They have also made the parents of millennials in their team “allies,” and had a”weekend family bonding” where the parents were invited and enrolled in the program. Finally, Tim shares the benefits that a CEO forum gives him. He says that one of the best places for sharing is Executive Forums, which have helped him get through tough times, embrace changes, and innovate.
Here are a couple of aha moments from the episode. See more in the “Aha Moments from Thought Leader Life”eBooks available in the social media-enabled eBook platform, Aha Amplifier: http://AhaAmplifier.com/.
- Some of the changes we need are evolutionary, some are revolutionary. @timleman #TLL
- In using social media for business, the upside far outweighs the downside. @timleman #TLL
- The primary purpose of #TLL is to democratize #ThoughtLeadership. @happyabout #TLL
- What’s keeping you from connecting withyour team? @jimcanfield #TLL
Get this podcast:
- Download the MP3 file (15.3MB, 32:11)
- Get the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the FIR presents Thought Leader Life with Mitchell Levy RSS feed
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device – iPhone | Android | Windows
- This show is recorded as a Google+ Hangout on Air, watch it on YouTube
Leave a Reply