If you want to draw attention to your content today online, it is critical that you have engaging visual content from animated gifs to videos from infographics and images. However most organisations do not have unlimited budgets for images, so increasingly marketing and communications professionals are starting to create more content in-house.
Another trend we see is that many of us are working increasingly from our mobile devices. In this first episode of Talking Social Business, we explore the new Adobe Post iOS app (Android will be released soon) and speak with Thibault Imbert, Product Manager for the new tool.
We also discuss new resources and apps for your social media communications and events that are talking place online and offline to help you improve your social media expertise.
Talking Social Business Episode 1 Show Notes
00:00 Introducing this weeks episode
01:57 Why Adobe developed this new free app
05:17 Exploring how Adobe Post works
06:32 How Adobe Post differs from most other visual content creation apps due to the colour tone recognition with overlays and colour tones
10:28 How users can avoid their images looking like ‘stock image’ posts
14:21 Adobes plans for monetising the app
15:29 An introduction to another Adobe visual creation app that has just been available for the iPhone
17:29 Saving, duplicating and editing image templates for future use
19:15 How to remove the Adobe Post watermark
22:05 Making Adobe Post in across the globe and managing language requirements
23:06 The importance of community management when Adobe Post was being developed
26:08 Future development plans for Adobe Post
32:17 Accessing content to re-mix or from the Adobe Post image bank and remaining copyright compliant
40:06 Learning from Thibault Imbert about the latest app he has discovered and uses
42:50 Social media events taking place online and offline
48:17 New mobile apps to explore for visual content creation and a recommended resource for social media compliance
53:52 How to leave a comment and feedback about the first episode of Talking Social Business
Resources Referenced In The Show
- Learn more about Adobe Post App and access the app here
- Access the Live Stream Insiders episode for Safer Internet Day covering tips for parents and guardians of tweens and teens about privacy issues related to live streaming apps
- Learn about the Social Media Summit taking place in Ireland on 1 and 2 March
- Using social media for social sales is the topic of the event taking place on 2 March hosted by the Sales Institute Ireland
- Access to Animator App on the iOS store here
- Access the Color Story App here
- Access the Foodie App here for Android and iOS
- Listen to the FIR Podcast Interview with Eric Schwartzman and learn about the free social media compliance training – especially relevant if you are in the US.