Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:43 — 29.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
Lessons we can learn from United, J&J, Steve Harvey (and others)
Andy Gilman has had a busy spring.
He has been a frequently quoted source by journalists covering recent crises, including United, Uber, the Oscars and American Airlines, and most recently, Steve Harvey’s internal note to employees, among others.
As president, CEO and founder of CommCore, Andy and his team have helped senior executives, officials and spokespersons achieve their organization’s communications goals and often help them respond to a crisis. An award-winning journalist and lawyer, he has counseled clients for challenges that include “60 Minutes,” Congressional Hearings, FDA Advisory Committees, town halls, teleprompter speeches, new business pitches, crisis response and product launches.
Some of the topics we cover in this interview with Andy include:
- How company culture can fits into external crises
- When companies should respond to a crisis – and when to let it “die on the vine”
- Tools every internal communicator should have in his or her crisis management toolbox
- The importance of checklists to prepare for a crisis (and why he recommends every communicator read the book The Checklist Manifesto)
- Main tenets of crisis communications for internal communicators
- How to collaborate with your lawyers when crafting a response to a crisis
- And much more.
Take a listen, and let us know what you think!
Leave a Reply