It’s fall and there’s always a hint of excitement in the air. At least it should be.
But so many people still have questions about what their work situation will be like. And companies are grappling with policies around going back to the office, staying remote or some sort of hybrid compromise.
How will you communicate your decision to your team?
Of course, there are no easy answers, but if you’re interested in our take, check out this episode of Inside PR.
Gini Dietrich, Joe Thornley and Martin Waxman talk about:
- The importance of having a communicator in the room when workplace decisions are being made.
- Why organizations need to listen closely and pay attention to people’s reactions.
- Giving employees an opportunity to voice their opinions and know they’re being heard, rather than simply feeling they’re being talked at.
- Creating a culture of empathy by understanding people’s situations, anxieties and fears.
- Being flexible and letting people know nothing’s set in stone and that you’re prepared to adapt if need be.
What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments below.