Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:18:25 — 32.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Shonali Burke and Olivier Blanchard joined host Shel Holtz for conversations about these topics:
- Gillette’s practice of mailing a razor to young men turning 18 to welcome them to manhood occasionally winds up sending the package to women and older men. Their responses on social media aren’t hurting the company a bit.
- Marketers are embracing chatbots, a trend that will only continue to grow and evolve as AI and smart audio become more common.
- Unconscious bias in the workplace can have an impact on productivity and innovation, among other things. If it’s unconscious, what can be done to stop it?
- Millennials have made sustainability and the environment their top issue, but oil companies still need to hire them. Is advertising to make them look cool enough?
- Political provocateur Ann Coulter erupted into a Twitter tirade when the seat she had paid for was given to another passenger. Delta gave back as good as it got. Should companies engage in these kinds of circumstances?
Connect with our guest via Twitter at @shonali and @OABlanchard.
Links to the source material for this episode are on Contentle.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
FIR is recorded using Zencastr.
About today’s guest co-hosts:
Olivier Blanchard is a French-born, American-based Brand Management and Digital Marketing consultant, the author of two best-selling books, and an acclaimed keynote speaker. As a Senior Analyst with Futurum Research, Olivier helps organizations better understand the crucial ole that emerging technologies like Cloud computing, Big Data, Virtualization, Augmented Reality, Smart Automation, IoT and AI will play their industries and markets over the next 10 to 20 years. Though based in the US, his geographic range extends beyond North America to Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia. Olivier is the author of the best-selling #1 social business desk reference for digital managers and business executives: Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts In Your Organization (Que/Pearson). Olivier is also a sought-after subject-matter expert and corporate trainer.
A veteran of small and large PR agencies, Shonali Burke is the award-winning president & CEO of her eponymous social PR consulting firm, Shonali Burke Consulting, Inc., where she and her team(s) help for- and non-profit organizations small and large reach business goals by taking their communications “from corporate codswallop to community cool.” Shonali also serves on the Adjunct Faculty at Johns Hopkins University in its M.A. /Communication program, as well as the Rutgers University School of Communication and Information. Before launching her own consultancy, Shonali worked as Vice President of Digital Media and marketing for MSL Group, and as Vice President of Media and Communications for the ASPCA.
Leave a Reply