Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:46:04 — 43.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Today’s panel features Surefire Social CMO Shashi Bellamkonda, digital public affairs strategist Mark Blevis of Full Duplex LLC, and Lady Soleil, Inc. founder Geoff Livingston. Our topics this week:
- A laundry list of news items about Pokémon Go with a direct bearing on communications, including safety issues that weren’t well communicated, privacy concerns leading to a Congressional inquiry, how some venues where game-play is inappropriate handled the situation, and the lift the game is giving Augmented Reality
- Digital fencing isn’t sitting well with back-to-school shoppers, but there are ways to do it right
- Data guru Avinash Kaushik went on an anti-data rant. The panel discusses.
- Live streaming video and social media played a major role in putting down the coup in Turkey
- Dan York also discusses the coup from his hotel in Germany
- Email newsletters are hot. Could metrics problems derail the trend?
- There’s a new social network in town, and it’s build on the blockchain
- Mobile is redefining public affairs (especially during the summer)
Connect with our panelists on Twitter at @shashib, @markblevis, and @geoffliving.
Links to the source material for this episode are on Delicious.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
About today’s panel:
Shashi Bellamkonda is the Chief Marketing Officer of Surefire Social Shashi is also an Adjunct faculty member of Georgetown University teaching Marketing Analytics and Digital, Social Media and Mobile and keynote speaker on Digital Marketing and Small Business. Shashi Bellamkonda was honored by the Washington Business Journal’s 2012 Washington Minority Business Leader award. he was previously featured in Washingtonian’s Top 100 Tech Titans list in the Community and Thought leadership category and the Washington Business Journal called him the Social Listener. He has co-authored chapters in two books also been featured in 16 Books on marketing and social media.
Mark Blevis is a digital public affairs strategist with Full Duplex. He specializes in online reputation management, crisis communication and advocacy. In addition to client work, Mark researches the role of the participatory web in public affairs, politics and digital influence. Mark co-authored TOUCH: Five Factors to Growing and Leading a Human Organization (Dundurn, October 2014), with Tod Maffin. The book provides leaders of all types of organizations with proven guidance on how to put humanity — the critical ingredient of commerce and advocacy — into their technological interactions.
Leave a Reply