AI rewrote 50 of the best-known brand slogans, and survey respondents preferred the AI version 48 percent of the time — even Apple’s “Think Different” slogan fell to the AI alternative. Also in this AI-heavy monthly long-form episode:
- Newsrooms are adopting standards for using AI
- Google is pitching an AI news-writing tool to major media outlets
- How should newsrooms be thinking about AI?
- A study of more than 5,000 ChatGPT conversations reveals how people are using the chatbot
- Maybe AI isn’t coming for everyone’s job after all
- An NFT platform has launched a limited-edition print magazine
- What’s behind Twitter’s poop emoji PR?
- In his tech report, Dan York introduces himself to Threads, Mastodon analytics are now available, Vox is ending its CMS, a look at Llam2, worries about AI cluttering the web with useless content, and a new podcast to try.
The next monthly, long-form episode of FIR will drop on Monday, August 21.
We host a Communicators Zoom Chat each Thursday at 1 p.m. ET. For credentials needed to participate, contact Shel or Neville directly, request the credentials in our Facebook group, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
You can find the stories from which Shel’s FIR content is selected at Shel’s Link Blog. Shel has started a metaverse-focused Flipboard magazine. You can catch up with both co-hosts on Neville’s blog and Shel’s blog. Neville’s Asides blog is also available.
Link from this report:
Links from Dan York’s Tech Report