New York Times columnist and Nobel economics laureate Paul Krugman wrote recently that the crypto crash is far worse than even the direst descriptions and that it is proof that blockchain was never a viable technology. At the same time, Goldman Sachs Chairman and CEO David Solomon sees value in blockchain technology, but only if companies like his control it. The truth is, blockchain is thriving outside of speculative crypto investing. Neville and Shel explore blockchain’s future in this short midweek episode of “For Immediate Release.”
The next monthly, long-form episode of FIR will drop on Monday, December 26.
We host a Communicators Zoom Chat each Thursday at 1 p.m. ET. For credentials needed to participate, contact Shel or Neville directly, request the credentials in our Facebook group, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
Links from this report:
- Opinion | Blockchains, What Are They Good For?
- IBM on Blockchain: Building trust and boosting the bottom line
- Advantages of Blockchain: 8 Worth Considering
- SEC Charges Samuel Bankman-Fried with Defrauding Investors in Crypto Asset Trading Platform FTX
- Starbucks details its blockchain-based loyalty platform and NFT community, Starbucks Odyssey