Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:27:29 — 201.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
New data suggests a lot of bloggers are employing practices that are the opposite of those that deliver results. Shel and Neville dive into the data from a new blogger survey. Also in this episode: Microsoft is bringing the DALL-E 2 AI graphic generator to Office 365 via a new app called Designer, as well as a tool called Image Creator that will be deployed through Bing and Microsoft Edge; virtual influencers, already a big deal in Asia, are making inroads in the US, performing in concerts, signing record deals, and pitching products for brands; Edelman’s CEO, Richard Edelman has given an interview in which he outlines his vision for the future of PR and his company; the category of meme creators is heating up but a lot of these people aren’t happy with Instagram’s rules; a new Danish political party is being led by an Artificial Intelligence.
In his Tech Report, Dan York reports on more digital services copying others, including yet another “stories” feature, this time on Signal; Facebook is dropping support for its Instant Articles mobile format amidst a decline in its support for news in general; meanwhile, TikTok is becoming more of a news source; and a volunteer opportunity awaits those interested in working with the Information Technology Disaster Resource Center.
The next monthly, long-form episode of FIR will drop on Monday, November 21.
We host a Communicators Zoom Chat each Thursday at 1 p.m. ET. For credentials needed to participate, contact Shel or Neville directly, request the credentials in our Facebook group, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
You can find the stories from which Shel’s FIR content is selected at Shel’s Link Blog. Shel has started a metaverse-focused Flipboard magazine. Neville’s “asides” blog, Outbox, is also available.
Links from this report:
- New Blogging Statistics: What Content Strategy Bloggers
- Microsoft brings DALL-E 2 to the masses with Designer and Image Creator
- Microsoft announces Designer, its AI rival app to Canva and Adobe – but why?
- AI-generated imagery is the new clip art as Microsoft adds DALL-E to its Office suite
- Microsoft Designer
- Are Virtual Influencers the Real Deal?
- Richard Edelman on the future of PR: ‘it’s going to be more like a newsroom’
- Meme Creators Help Brands Speak Internet
- How paying Instagram meme creators helped a Guy Fieri Super Bowl ad go viral
- Meme Creators Want Instagram To Change Its Content Moderation Policies And Stop Deplatforming Them
- This Danish Political Party Is Led by an AI
Links from Dan York’s Report:
- Introducing handles: A new way to identify your YouTube channel
- YouTube Shorts adds narration voiceovers, a popular TikTok feature
- Yes, even Signal is doing stories now
- Scoop: Meta ending support for Instant Articles
- Katie Robertson on Twitter: Facebook shuttering its Bulletin newsletter subscription service
- Meta officially cuts funding for U.S. news publishers
- Google to make “page experience” a ranking factor in Search results
- 33% of US TikTok users say they regularly get their news on the app, up from 22% in 2020
- Google exec suggests Instagram and TikTok are eating into Google’s core products, Search and Maps
- Teens shun traditional news channels for TikTok and Instagram, Ofcom says
- Volunteer at the Information Technology Disaster Resource Center (helping people with connectivity after disasters)
Leave a Reply