According to a new PwC survey of 1,000 senior U.S. business leaders from across industry sectors, businesses have bought into the inevitability and utility of the metaverse. The study also surveyed 5,000 U.S. consumers who are less aware and enthusiastic than executives are. Also in this monthly long-form episode of “For Immediate Release”:
- Gartner has released ins 2022 Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies.
- Consumer trend experts anticipate the impact web3 will have on consumer trends.
- Ukraine has perfect the art of advertising in support of its resistance to Russia’s invasion.
- Each quarter, Microsoft adjusts the language it uses to advise the investment world of its ambitions.
- One CEO who had to lay off staff took to LinkedIn to explain how hard it was on him, including a selfie of him weeping over it. Was it effective?
In his Tech Report, Dan York recounts his experience with Reddit’s new social audio tool, looks at “snipping,” a new Twitter Spaces feature, and explains a Google update designed to elevate “helpful content.”
The next monthly, long-form episode of FIR will drop on Monday, August 22. FIR “shorts” — episodes under 15 minutes — will appear once or twice weekly.
We host a Communicators Zoom Chat each Thursday at 1 p.m. ET. For credentials needed to participate, contact Shel or Neville directly, request the credentials in our Facebook group, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
Links from this episode:
- Gartner Identifies Key Emerging Technologies Expanding Immersive Experiences, Accelerating AI Automation and Optimizing Technologist Delivery
- What’s New in the 2022 Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies
- The Gartner Hype Cycle, According to Wikipedia
- How Web3 Technology Will Impact the Future of Consumer Trends [Expert Insights]
- Who Accepts Bitcoin? 9 Major Companies
- With ‘bravery’ as its new brand, Ukraine is turning advertising into a weapon of war
- PwC 2022 US Metaverse Survey: Build a metaverse strategy to deliver sustainable business outcomes
- ‘Metaverse’ is in, ‘mixed reality’ out: Reading the tech tea leaves in Microsoft’s new words
- Microsoft’s Form 10-K for the Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2022
- CEO’s teary layoff post goes south
Links from Dan York’s Report: