Brands have been tripping over themselves to jump on the Web3/metaverse/NFT bandwagon, but few have articulated a strategic and comprehensive approach at the level Starbucks has. In this short mid-week FIR episode, Neville and Shel look at how Starbucks plans to build loyalty and community using these emerging tools, along with some other organizations that are starting to give Web3 similarly serious looks.
The next monthly, long-form episode of FIR will drop on Monday, August 15. FIR “shorts” — episodes under 15 minutes — will appear once or twice weekly.
We host a Communicators Zoom Chat each Thursday at 1 p.m. ET. For credentials needed to participate, contact Shel or Neville directly, request the credentials in our Facebook group, or email email@example.com.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
Links from this episode:
- Starbucks: We’re creating the digital Third Place
- Starbucks goes in on cryptobucks
- Starbucks to unveil its web3-based rewards program next month
- Russell Crowe Film Partially Funded by NFTs Makes Its Debut
- web3 Project: City of Miami x TIME, Mastercard & Salesforce
- Time Magazine looks to turn all future subscriptions into NFTs