Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:19:57 — 32.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Today’s panel includes JEM Consulting & Advisory Services CEO Jen McClure (who is also the founder of the Society for New Communications Research) and John Wall, VP of Marketing at Event Hero and co-host of Marketing Over Coffee. Our topics included…
- South by Southwest: a communicator’s must-attend conference, a boondoggle, or something in-between?
- Why can’t more government agencies (and businesses, for that matter) exhibit the transparency and candor that BART displayed in its Twitter feed last week?
- The Pope is on Instagram
- Dan York reports on Instagram’s adoption of an algorithm in favor of a chronological feed
- Most brand social content is 1:1, not 1-to-many. Why isn’t that reflected in the way we allocate social media resources?
- The number of companies publishing sustainability reports jumped 61% in four years. What’s going on here?
- Sea World capitulated to activists and shut down its killer whale breeding program. There are PR implications in the theme park’s decision.
Connect with our panelists on Twitter at @JenMcClure and @JohnJWall.
Links to the source material for this episode are on Delicious.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
About today’s panel:
John Wall speaks, writes and practices at the intersection of marketing, sales, and technology. He is the producer of Marketing Over Coffee, a weekly audio program that discusses marketing and technology with his co-host Christopher S. Penn, and has been featured on iTunes. Notable guests include Chris Brogan, David Meerman Scott, Simon Sinek and Seth Godin. His work has been profiled by Forbes, CBS Evening News, The Associated Press, NECN, The Boston Globe, Boston Herald, DM News, and the Yahoo! Year in Review. John is Vice President of Marketing at EventHero. He has held positions specializing in Customer Relationship Management, Marketing Automation and sales support systems at both venture funded and privately held businesses, working with clients such as Microsoft, Oracle, and Salesforce.com. Read more on LinkedIn.
Jen McClure is CEO of JEM Consulting & Advisory Services. Prior to founding JEM, Jen was Vice President of Digital & Social Media and the head of the Digital Center of Excellence at Thomson Reuters. In 2005, Ms. McClure founded the Society for New Communications Research, a nonprofit research and education foundation and think tank and was President of the Board of Directors from 2005-2016, when the organization merged with The Conference Board. She now chairs the Advisory Board of the new organization.
Leave a Reply