Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 17:26 — 7.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Radio Shack and Better.com can rest easier these days, now that P&O Ferries has established a new low for how to lay off employees. Outrage is evident everywhere from government responses to citizen protests and tweets from horrified social media users. The fallout is just beginning, yet P&O’s leadership just doesn’t seem to give much of a damn. What’s a communicator to do?
The next monthly, long-form episode of FIR will drop on Monday, April 18, 2022. FIR “shorts” — episodes under 15 minutes — will be available several times each week.
We host a Communicators Zoom Chat each Thursday at 1 p.m. ET. For credentials needed to participate, contact Shel or Neville directly or request the credentials in our Facebook group or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
You can find the stories from which Shel’s FIR content is selected at Shel’s Link Blog. Neville’s link blog, Outbox, is available, as well.
Links from this episode:
- P&O Ferries’ job cuts a ‘PR disaster’, say experts
- ‘P&O Ferries scandal is the greatest example of cowardly leadership I’ve ever seen’
- Crisis communications lessons from P&O Ferries
- Will P&O Ferries get canceled?
- P&O Ferries: Not consulting on job cuts broke law, boss admits
- P&O Ferries: Liverpool port entrance blocked by protesters
- P&O Ferries: Cabinet ministers write strongly worded letter to wrong person after shock sackings
Leave a Reply