The world’s first multicultural podcast agency network has signed a multi-year deal with McDonald’s to produce custom segments and content feature McDonald’s menu items along with specialized targeted ads. It’s not the first business Pod Digital Media has signed, suggesting companies are interested in reaching diverse audiences through podcasting. It makes sense, since podcast audiences are pretty diverse — unlike the ranks of podcast hosts.
The next episode will drop on Monday, February 28, 2022.
We are hosting an FIR Communicators Zoom Chat each Thursday during the stay-at-home period at 1 p.m. ET. For credentials needed to participate, contact Shel or Neville directly or request the credentials in our Facebook group or send an email to email@example.com.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
Links from this episode
- Pod Digital Media inks multi-year deal with McDonald’s USA
- Podcast Listeners Are More Diverse Than the General Population
- Podcasts are Resonating with Diverse Audiences
- Data Confirm That Podcasting in the U.S. is a White Male Thing
- How Spotify is Improving Diversity in Podcasting
- The Best Podcasts of 2021, According to People Who Make Podcasts