Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:25:13 — 117.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
The September 2020 episode of The Hobson and Holtz Report features Neville and Shel discussing…
- The new crisis PR: What companies should do when they’re “cancelled”
- Twitter’s plans to motivate users to “read before you retweet”
- How COVID-19 has changed the way we write content (and engage with video and social media)
- The arrival of the NHS contact-tracing app gives a big boost to QR codes
- Your company’s history could pose a risk for your reputation
- LinkedIn is making changes
- Dan York reports on Amazon podcasts, LinkedIn Stories, WordPress news, and TikTok at home and in China
We are hosting an FIR Communicators Coffee Break on Zoom each Thursday during the stay-at-home period at 1 p.m. ET. For credentials, contact Shel or Neville directly or request the credentials in our Facebook group or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Spread the word to your communications community.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
You can find the stories from which Shel’s FIR content is selected at Shel’s Link Blog.
Links from This Month’s Episode
- The new crisis PR: what should brands do when they’re ‘canceled’?
- Cancel Culture Is Real — Here’s What Brands Need to Know About It
- Twitter plans to bring prompts to ‘read before you retweet’ to all users
- Twitter tweets about its retweet prompt
- How COVID-19 changed the way we write content
- Engagement with Video and Social Content Soars During Pandemic
- Arrival of NHS contact-tracing app heralds return of QR codes
- UK government site for creating a coronavirus QR code poster
- UK government contact tracing app FAQ
- Your Company’s History Can Make It More Valuable—Or More Vulnerable
- Major Changes To LinkedIn You Need To Know About
- LinkedIn Launches Updated Look, Makes LinkedIn Stories Available to All
- LinkedIn Introduces Stories and a Redesign to Create a Friendlier Platform
Links from Dan York’s Report
- Amazon Podcasts
- All you need to know: podcasts in Amazon Music
- LinkedIn Launches Stories Plus Zoom, Bluejeans, and Team Video Integrations as Part of a Wider Redesign
- WordPress: Remove Facebook and Instagram as an oEmbed Source
- oEmbed Plus (from WordPress)
- On not choosing WordPress for the W3C redesign project
- W3C is Prioritizing Accessibility Over Its Open-Source Licensing Preferences: Why is That a Bad Thing Again?
- Douyin, China’s TikTok, grows monthly active users to 600 million
- Internet Way of Networking (as it relates to the TikTok ban)
Leave a Reply