At the same moment that Apple’s WWDC event was sending out the latest goodness to the Apple faithful, Dan York was in his home studio sitting in as host while Shel Holtz was away at the 2018 IABC World Conference. However, Shel’s voice was heard multiple times throughout the episode! Some of the topics included:
- June 6 is the 6th anniversary of World IPv6 Launch – what does that mean? and why should communicators care?
- Apple’s World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC) is happening today. What are some of the rumored announcements?
- What is the right way to apologize as a business? And how wrong are some businesses doing it?
- Facebook has removed their “Trending” section
- Are bots entitled to free speech?
- Mary Meeker’s annual “Internet Trends” Report is out – what’s new this year?
- Chartbeat says that for the first time there were more direct connections to websites on mobile than from Facebook links
- Facebook is rolling out a new “Voice Post” feature, although initially only in India
- New version 3 of the Castro podcast client on iOS
- Microsoft announces the surprise acquisition of Github
- Dan will be at WordCamp Europe, June 14-16, in Belgrade, Serbia
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
Links from the episode: