Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:40:50 — 70.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Neville Hobson joins host Shel Holtz for the June installment of “The Hobson & Holtz Report,” with conversations about…
- GDPR, which officially went into effect on Friday
- BuzzFeed’s live-streaming experiment on Twitch
- CIPR’s white paper on the role if Artificial Intelligence in public relations
- Google is under pressure to up its podcasting game
- Google lets you see your history of interactions and it’s a lot less creepy than Facebook
- Generation Z will bypass politics and engage via consumerism
- Dan York reports on GDPR, Airbnb’s travel “stories,” Anchor’s new mobile import feature, and WordPress’s 15th anniversary
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
You can find the stories from which FIR content is selected at Shel’s Link Blog.
About our guest
Neville Hobson was co-host of The Hobson & Holtz Report for over 10 years. For over 15 years, Neville has been a voice of experience and influence when it comes to speaking about digital technologies, disruptive change in workplaces and marketplaces, relevant trends to pay close attention to, and what it all means for your business. His experiences embrace deep understanding and subject-matter expertise in contemporary business issues that include social, digital and cognitive technologies, connecting that with a career in traditional public relations, marketing communication, employee compensation and benefits communication, and investor relations. Based in the Thames Valley some 30 miles west of London, Neville works either from his home office or from a client’s location; or from wherever he has a good network connection.
Links from this episode
- GDPR: ‘Don’t panic!’ data watchdog tells firms
- Your Data Matters Twitter account from ICO News
- New data protection laws put people first
- GDPR: Going Beyond Borders
- GDPR proves that tech giants can be tamed
- Facebook and Google hit with $8.8 billion in lawsuits on day one of GDPR
- With Facebook Live views falling, BuzzFeed looks to Twitch
- Humans still needed: AI use in PR to treble in three years, report suggests
- ‘Humans still needed’ – research project reveals impact of artificial intelligence on public relations
- Humans still needed: An analysis of skills and tools in public relations, PDF from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
- VIDEO: Here’s how Publicis Groupe’s AI-powered Marcel will look and work
- ‘A podcast beast just sitting there’: Podcasters want Google to counter Apple’s dominance
- How Will Amy Schumer’s Huge Spotify Deal Change the Podcast Industry?
- Google’s File on Me Was Huge. Here’s Why It Wasn’t as Creepy as My Facebook Data.
- Gen Z amps up expectations for CEOs, companies, and capitalism
Links from Dan York’s Report
Leave a Reply