Posts about content marketing these days focus on Instagram and visual communication, video marketing, influencer marketing, VR and AR, branded apps, and other current trends. One recent post, however, emphasized the importance of blog comments. Christine Perkett joined host Shel Holtz to talk about the role of blogs (and blog comments) in a content marketing strategy. Also in this week’s episode…
- Google employees delivered a petition to the CEO opposing a Defense Department contract. Now, some of those employees have quit
- Buzzfeed’s new podcast includes JoJo the bot
- A new algorithm can create “coherent” articles from multiple online sources to respond to search queries
- Conference speakers take a variety of approaches to marketing their sessions
- The Financial Times is getting huge traffic from its Instagram Stories
- Productivity is not the issue with employees using social media; the problem is retention
- Starbucks is keeping up a steady drumbeat of decisions to dampen coverage of activists criticizing the company
- GDPR goes into effect on Friday. Will you be ready?
- Dan York reports on GDPR, EFF’s final victory over a patent troll, and the upcoming WordCamp Europe
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
You can find the stories from which FIR content is selected at Shel’s Link Blog.
About our guest
Christine Perkett founded PerkettPR in 1998 and SeeDepth, a PR analytics platform, in 2013. She has been named one of the ‘Top 25 Authorities Moving PR Forward’ in a recent industry study, and is routinely recognized as one of the most social media-savvy CEOs – currently ranked as one of the 100 Most Powerful Women on Twitter (by Hubspot), a “Top Influential Woman in Tech on Twitter” (by Google’s Don Dodge, alongside such greats as Marissa Mayer, WSJ’s Kara Swisher, Huffington Post’s Arianna Huffington, and others), and featured two consecutive years in BusinessWeek’s Social Media Special Report (keeping company of notable CEOs from Zappos, Virgin, Digg, HDNet, Mint and more). Christine was also awarded “Best Communications, IR or PR Executive” by the American Business Awards.
Links from this episode
- YouTube Hangout for H&H Report on May 26
- Google Employees Resign in Protest Against Pentagon Contract
- What do you get when you mix a podcast and a chatbot?
- BuzzFeed News’ podcast co-host, Jojo the bot, wants to help listeners follow along without friction
- Google’s New Algorithm Creates Original Articles From Your Content
- IABC World Conference Sessions
- How the Financial Times uses Instagram Stories as a traffic driver
- How To Harness The Power Of Blog Comments In Your Content Marketing Campaign
- Why 99% of Blogs Will Fail in 2018
- Employees Who Use Social Media for Work Are More Engaged — but Also More Likely to Leave Their Jobs
- Starbucks Bathrooms Are Now Open to Anybody Who Walks In
- 5 Ways GDPR Will Change Your World
- GDPR compliance: What you need to do right now
Links from Dan York’s Report