The January installment of The Hobson & Holtz Report brings Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz together in a long-form podcast that covers the 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer (including the role of influencers as influence marketing efforts move from agencies to in-house departments), the rise of live-streaming video (with 95% of executives planning to use it this year), pharmaceutical companies with strong social media presences, a department store encouraging customers to follow employees’ personal social media accounts, and the possibility that we soon will be gesturing at instead of talking to our smart devices. Dan York’s tech report covers Facebook’s effort to attract gamers, Facebook’s public library of video and audio effects, and Artificial Intelligence’s role in video surveillance. We also responded to a couple listener comments.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
About Neville Hobson
Neville Hobson was co-host of The Hobson & Holtz Report for over 10 years. For over 15 years, Neville has been a voice of experience and influence when it comes to speaking about digital technologies, disruptive change in workplaces and marketplaces, relevant trends to pay close attention to, and what it all means for your business. His experiences embrace deep understanding and subject-matter expertise in contemporary business issues that include social, digital and cognitive technologies, connecting that with a career in traditional public relations, marketing communication, employee compensation and benefits communication, and investor relations. Based in the Thames Valley some 30 miles west of London, Neville works either from his home office or from a client’s location; or from wherever he has a good network connection.
Links from this episode
- The 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer
- Trust in U.S. institutions plunges in Trump’s first year
- Neville and Shel’s February 2009 conversation with Richard Edelman
- Influencers must work hard to earn trust in 2018
- Brands are bringing influencer marketing in-house
- 95% of brand execs say live video is key to their 2018 strategies
- Live streaming as a way to establish your brand on social media
- Which pharma companies are winning at social? Survey says…
- The Pharma Social Media Ranking
- Neiman Marcus Encourages Employees to Interact with Customers on Social Media
- Soon We’ll Control our Devices with our Body Language, Not Our Voice
Links from Dan York’s Tech Report
- Facebook lets you tip game live streams $3+
- Introducing (Facebook’s) Gaming Creator Pilot Program
- Facebook Sound Collection lets you add no-name music to videos
- Introducing new resources and tools for the 360 community on Facebook
- Artificial Intelligence is going to Supercharge Surveillance
- They Are Watching You — and Everything Else on the Planet
- ICE is about to start tracking license plates across the US