Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:06 — 24.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
The first episode of a monthly video panel discussion among a group of IABC Fellows focuses on the value communicators bring to an organization, whether it has risen or fallen in recent years, and what communicators can do to raise their value in the eyes of their organizations’ leaders.
This episode’s panelists include…
- Shel Holtz, ABC — FIR founder and host, and principal of Holtz Communication + Technology (panel moderator)
- Kellie Garrett, MC — Based in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, Kellie is a speaker, coach, and strategist, as well as an associate professor at Royal Roads Univesity. Before launching her own business, Kellie was Senior VP of Strategy, Knowledge and Reputation for Farm Credit Canada.
- Barbara Puffer, MA, ABC — Barbara owns Puffer Public Relations Strategies. Previously, she was Corporate Communications Manager at Barnes Group for 13 years; her communications management career spans 25 years, including work in banking, insurance, and telecommunications organizations. She is an Associate Professor at the University of Maryland University College.
- Mark Schumann, ABC — Mark is the founder and principal of re-communicate. Most recently, he was VP of marketing and communications for Western Connecticut Health Network. He served as IABC’s chair in 2009-2010 and is currently IABC’s liaison to the Global Alliance. He was a managing principal and global communication practice leader at Towers Perrin for 26 years.
- Brad Whitworth, ABC — Brad is a senior communication and marketing manager at Cisco Systems as well as a communication coach at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. Brad joined Cisco in 2007, before which he ran enterprise communication for the California State Auto Association and internal communication for PeopleSoft. He spent several years in various communciation roles at Hewlett-Packard, and was IABC’s 1989-1990 chair.
Leave a Reply