Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 28:44 — 32.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
Artificial intelligence (AI) is here, and no one is less surprised than Shel Holtz.
So many of us know Shel from his 40-plus years as a consultant, speaker, blogger, author, and co-founder of the FIR Podcast Network, but it is his fascination with emerging technologies that make him the ideal person to discuss AI models like ChatGPT.
“Mark my words,” Shel wrote in 2016, “Bots are coming to the workplace, to media relations, to public relations. They are coming just as surely as the web was going to completely disrupt the way communications was done a quarter century ago.”
Now, with his prediction a reality, Shel joins our podcast to urge communicators to embrace AI tools, rather than fear being replaced by them. To Shel, learning how to properly – and ethically – use AI is becoming an essential skill and can help us generate ideas, overcome writers block, teach writing, and save time. Here are Shel’s three keys to staying ahead of the curve:
- “Read everything you can get your hands on.” People are innovating all the time, and we have likely just scratched the surface of AI’s capabilities.
- “Identify the kind of work that can be augmented by AI.” AI will not do our jobs for us, but it can be an effective time saver.
- “Learn how to write a good prompt.” Garbage in, garbage out, as they say.
- Listen to our 2017 episode on chatbots with digital workplace consultant Chris McGrath
- Visit Shel’s website at https://holtz.com/
- Email Shel at email@example.com
- Listen to Shel’s podcast, For Immediate Release, and the other members of the FIR Podcast Network (including EE Voice) at https://www.firpodcastnetwork.com/
Leave a Reply