Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:49 — 34.2MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
In our first episode of the year, we look to unpack what’s going on and what lies ahead for communicators in 2023. To us, there’s no one better suited to discuss the present and future of executive communication than David Murray.
In addition to being an expert communicator and accomplished author, David is the Executive Director of the Executive Communication Council, the head of the Professional Speechwriters Association and pens the popular communications blog, “Writing Boots.” We’re thrilled to have him back on EE Voice.
During our conversation, David jests that this is “the first and only interesting time” in executive communication and, while we’ll happily grant our friend some room for hyperbole, the reality is that we have absolutely reached an inflection point. Tune in as David discusses the unprecedented spotlight on – and access to – executives, an increasingly influential workforce, emerging AI technology, and how communicators can plan accordingly. (Tune in for the terrific storytelling; stay for the great advice.)
For more on David:
- Listen to his previous appearances on EE Voice: https://www.firpodcastnetwork.com/tag/david-murray/
- Read his blog, “Writing Boots” at https://writing-boots.com/. (For the direct link to the post we discussed in the episode, click here.)
- Learn about his work with the ECC, Professional Speechwriters Association, and more at https://prorhetoric.com/.
- Order his most recent book, An Effort to Understand: Hearing One Another (and Ourselves) in a Nation Cracked in Half: https://writing-boots.com/an-effort-to-understand/
- Email David at Murray@prorehtoric.com
Leave a Reply