Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 32:32 — 14.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
According to an article by Barry Schwartz, published on Search Engine Land, future thinking points for the search marketing community in 2017 are: machine learning, AMP and structured data. This information was given out by Gary Illyes, Webmaster Trends Analyst at Google.
If you’ve been in the digital marketing space and working on SEO for a while, you would most certainly know what structured data is and why Google and other search engines recommend we use it.
People understand the underlying meaning of your web content but search engines have a limited understanding. By providing additional cues with extra HTML tags, search engines and other applications better understand your content and display it in a useful, relevant way.
The 85th episode of Digital India Podcast on FIR Podcast Network is brought to you by staff and students of Web Marketing Academy
- Google hangout with John Mueller
- Search Engine Journal: Google’s Rich Cards Are Like Rich Snippets, in Card Form
- How to use Cards – Google documentation
- Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper
- Local business microdata generator
- Web code tools
- structured data testing tool
- What’s new with markup & structured data
You can share your feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Podcast Manager & Podcast Editor: Bharani Dharan
Leave a Reply