The 87th episode of Digital India Podcast on FIR Podcast Network is brought to you by staffs and students of Web Marketing Academy
Do you know that content writers, bloggers, content developers … spend more time creating awesome titles than the actual content piece? Do you know why?
According to one of the most shared articles on Copyblogger, one of the best sites to follow if you’re in the content writing and publishing business (Who isn’t nowadays, anyway?), titled Writing Headlines That Get Results:
“According to some of the best copywriters of all time, you should spend half of the entire time it takes to write a piece of persuasive content on the headline. So if you have a blog post that is really important to you or your business, one that you really want people to read, you should downright obsess over your post title.”
- According to Koechley, tests show that traffic to content at Upworthy can vary by as much as 500% simply because of the headline.
- When Neil Patel tweaked the headline on a Kissmetrics post he was able to boost the conversion rate by 40%.
- By its choice of phrasing, a headline can influence your mindset as you read so that you later recall details that coincide with what you were expecting. (New Yorker: HOW HEADLINES CHANGE THE WAY WE THINK)
- John Caples
- Some more suggestions from Brian Clark of Copyblogger.
- CoSchedule Founder, Garrett Moon, researched this further and found there were psychological reasons behind writing 25 headlines.
- For more on writing great headlines, check out the Magnetic Headlinesseries on Copyblogger.
- For examples on great copywriting, Lindsay Kolowich of Hubspot has done some super research.
- There’s another article from Hubspot that offers ideas on how to create headlines: 7 Ways to Write Super Catchy Headlines
- Check out content from websites such as UrbanDaddy, Moosejaw, First Round Capital, Trello, Velocity Partners, and more.
- In India, some great examples from the print media days are Ambassador, Limca, Camel Pencils, or Brylcreem.
- Creative Copywriter has some great examples of single liners as well: http://www.creative-copywriter.net/blog/copywriting-samples/
- Content Marketing Institute, ROGER C. PARKER: Write the Best Titles for Content Marketing: A 10-Point Checklist. Talks about Promise, Specificity, Targeting, Position, Engagement, Voice, Concise, Reinforcement, SEO and combination of techniques)
- 6 Reasons Why Your Headline Is Doomed To Fail on TriveThemes
- Ann Handley’s Everybody Writes has a chapter on Headlines.
- John Caples (one of the most famous copyrighters of all time) put together a list of 35 headline formulas in his book,Tested Advertising Methods.
- Coschedule HeadlineAnalyzer
- Hubspot’s blog topic generator
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator
- Thrive Headline Optimizer
- Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer by Advanced Marketing Institute
You can share your feedback at: email@example.com
Podcast Manager & Podcast Editor: Bharani Dharan