Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 53:56 — 49.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
Welcome to the 23rd episode of Digital India Podcast on FIR Podcast Network. This show is ‘Weekly Updates’ brought to you by staff and students of Web Marketing Academy.
In-Depth Research & Key Takeaways here: Digital India Podcast Blog
Offline Vs Online sales this Diwali :
Industry estimates suggest that ecommerce companies will spend Rs. 2,000 crore this year on marketing and offering discounts to consumers during the festive season.
– There was a lot of whining and complaining by the physical store owners last year’s festive season.
– The reason for that was ecommerce giants Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal had pursued an aggressive discounting policy during the festive season to gain market share and traffic
– This impacted demand in physical stores, even prompting traditional retailers to approach the government over what they said was predatory pricing.
more : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/services/retail/future-group-shoppers-stop-puma-report-double-digit-growth-in-same-store-sales-despite-online-discountbonanza/articleshow/49665654.cms
Google is shutting down its GOSF :
India’s answer to the hugely popular Cyber Monday, GOSF was one of the first to pioneer the trend of deep discounted online sale festivals, which has become quite a rage in the country with Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal recently hosting their versions of it. The move could be triggered by the huge traction garnered by the recently held festivals that could perhaps overshadow the
GOSF scheduled for December.
more : http://brandequity.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/digital/google-to-discontinue-great-online-shopping-festival/49645249
Digital Distress survey conducted by Adobe in 2013 and “3 steps for closing the skills gap” done by Focus research and the marketing automation institute
- 76% of marketers think that marketing has changed more in the past 2 years than in the past 50
- 65% of marketing professionals feel more pressured to show return on investment in marketing spend
- 48% of digital marketers feel highly unprepared in digital marketing
- 75% say that their skill gap has an impact on corporate revenue
- 64% of marketers expect that their role will change in the next 12 months
- 61% think that for most companies digital marketing approaches are a constant cycle of trial and error.
- 1/3 of marketers cite a lack of training in new skills as a key obstacle to becoming the marketers they aspire to be
- 46% of organizations spend less than $500 per year on marketing skills training.
For marketing students to succeed in the industry, they will need (at minimum) training in three key areas.
1. Content Marketing And SEO
2. Social Media
3. Lead Nurturing And Technical Skills
Based on keywords, the phrase “social media” ranks 10th among what job website Indeed.com calls the top career trends. Indeed.com relies on searches of millions of jobs from thousands of job sites to come up with this list.
1. Enroll in Hootsuite University.
2. Keep current.
3. Check out online videos.
4. Attend workshops and conferences.
5. Pick your colleagues’ brains.
For those who want to get into Digital Marketing:
1. Start a blog experiment with interface.
2. Attend meetUps/events
3. Meet people from the industry
4. Get friendship –Agency
5. Official blog. Google official blog/PPC/SEO
6. Follow industry blogs – Social media examiner,MOZ etc
7. Podcast/online video/Webinars
8. Creative – Learn the interface – Google Photos,Canva etc
9. Learn Excel – numbers (through YouTube , Lynda)
10. Communication – Blogs are going to help you.
11. Slideshare –PPTs
12. Video editing/Uploading
13. Basics of Google advanced Power search
14. Courses like Facebook Blueprint / Hootsuit University
15. Follow industry leaders blog/Social Channels.
For Professionals in Digital Marketing:
1. Keep Up to date with the Industry.
2. Official Blog
3. Apps – How to know? When they upgrade? What is new ?(update)
4. Analytics – Interest in Analytics.
5. Communication – Presentation skills – Art of management-
6. Know short-cuts-Use of tools/Apps
7. Content – Multiple formats of content
8. keepUp with the new platforms- Periscop,Podcast,Blab etc.
9. EBooks , Case studies etc
For Experienced Professionals in Digital Marketing:
1. Real-time Content Generation
2. Speaking Skills
3. How to tell a good story? Crafting a story connecting to the business?
4. Learn a new act – Do something irrelevant.
5. Creativity- be creative.
6. Join art – drama classes
7. Mentor Someone.
8. Train your team to become leaders.
Thank you for joining in. As always we’d love to hear from you.
This show is ‘weekly updates’ brought to you by staffs and students of Web Marketing Academy . This show gives you the latest updates in the digital marketing world in India.
You can share your feedback at: email@example.com
Editor : Bharani
Follow us on twitter: @wmaindia Until next time, have a good one
Leave a Reply