In this episode, we go Down Under for a deep dive into the business of WebSavvy, a Melbourne-based digital marketing agency founded by Mike Rhodes. He explains why he chose agency life over being a helicopter pilot, advice for fellow agency owners, effective team training, and much more.
Mike is also the founder of AgencySavvy, focused on education and training for agency owners. He is the co-author of The Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords with Perry Marshall and Bryan Todd.
One of the most striking parts of this conversation is just how much Mike is focused on improving his team and sharing knowledge throughout the agency community. He talks about an innovative professional development program he has for his own employees, as well as the work he is doing to help make other agency owners more successful.
- Mike Rhodes: “Getting out of your inbox is one of the best things that you can do as an agency owner. And obviously, we all believe that we can’t afford to do that, can’t afford to hire someone to help me with that. But I think we can’t afford not to.”
- Chip: “It’s important to, as agency leaders, to remind ourselves that a lot of our teams may not be as comfortable speaking or presenting. And so to find opportunities for them to get that experience is great.”
- Mike: “If you’re listening to this in 2026…Yeah, we used to have these things called screens.”
- Chip: “Agency owners, generally speaking, haven’t done a good job of defining what it is that they actually want to achieve. Because once you know what you want, then you can start fencing things off, you can start setting objectives, you can guide yourself better.”
- Mike Rhodes on Facebook
- The Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords
- Dan Sullivan / strategiccoach.com
- Perry Marshall
- Michael Gerber / The E-Myth Revisited