Whew – what year 2021 was for internal communications. You were overworked but overdelivered – and you did it all (most of the time) with passion and enthusiasm. We hope all of you are getting some well-deserved rest and peace as we wind down these final few weeks.
We leave all of you with a final EE Voice gift — one podcast with the best IC ideas and advice from our 2021 guests, in just 20 minutes. Here are highlights of the best insights from the year’s conversations:
- David Murray on the evolving challenges of communications, heightened expectations faced by leaders in times of crisis and the highest purpose of internal communications.
- Roger D’Aprix – often called “the father of internal communications” – who spoke to guest host David Murray on the future of communication and the goal to help employees “understand the whole range of change that has gone on, and that will certainly continue to go on.”
- Tamara Rodman on how to use storytelling to increase vaccinations by building trust with employees.
- Victoria Dew on how employee experience and expectations are changing as a result of Covid.
- Andy Gilman on using communications to overcome vaccine hesitancy, drive compliance, and for senior leadership to show employees that they care.
- George Sutcliffe on how to begin building a communications measurement strategy.
- Kristen Garvey on how to take a measurement-focused approach when it’s time to bring employees back to the workplace.
Sharon and I wish all of our listeners happy holidays!