Gary Vaynerchuk is a Social Media Marketing influencer, well know author, Youtube and a Podcast host. In this week’s podcast we have extracted the top 10 skills that every Digital Marketers should learn from Gary Vee ! Do What You Love !
In the late 90s, after identifying “the internet” as a land-grab opportunity, Gary transitioned his father’s local liquor store into one of the first wine e-commerce platforms resulting in growing the family business from $3-60MM in sales during a 5-year period.
During his time in the family business, Vaynerchuk also started one of the first long-form episodic video shows on YouTube in 2006 called WineLibraryTV, filming 1,000 episodes over a 5-year window. Gary’s wine knowledge, charisma, and uncanny ability to engage with his community landed him appearances on national television with Ellen Degeneres and Conan O’Brien, as well as establishing him as one of the most followed people on social media during its nascent years.
Not only did Gary leverage content creation and the rise of social media for his personal brand, but it was the seed which would become the pillar to his now 9-year old advertising agency VaynerMedia, servicing brands with an ever-expanding variety of offerings.
10 Things every Digital Marketer can learn from GaryVee:
- Being a practitioner in Digital and social media,
- Create time for your customers, potential customers, fans or followers,
- Being open and transparent,
- Create and publish content, don’t wait for perfect timing. Don’t look for perfection, Learn from mistakes,
- Ignore the haters online,
- Create, repurpose content, but come with up valuable, useful content,
- Stay up-to-date,
- Own your mistake,
- Be nice to people and have empathy,
- Be energetic and express your passion towards what you love doing.