There are over 4200 startups in India – Standup India Startup India – $7.3billion was invested
Welcome to the 34th episode of Digital India Podcast on FIR Podcast Network. This show is ‘Weekly Updates’ brought to you by staff and students of Web Marketing Academy.
About $7.3billion was invested in early and late stage startups in Jan-Sept 2015. (http://yourstory.com/2015/10/indian-startups-invested/)
On the 69th anniversary of independence, PM Narendra Modi urged the people of India to ‘Startup’ and ‘Stand up’.
What is Standup India Startup India?
- understanding what startups need to grow
- celebrating women entrepreneurs of India (Btw, our first podcast for this year was on women entrepreneurs)
- the important role digitization is going to play in shaping India’s future
- how this will also contribute to making Indian healthcare better
- incorporating financial inclusion
Google conducted an innovative session titled “Launchpad Accelerator” which had live pitches being made by early stage startups to potential investors.
What people say about this initiative?
http://yourstory.com/2016/01/startup-india-action-plan-eligible/ According to their analysis, roughly 60% of existing startups could be rendered ineligible for the Startup India plan.
For more information:
Twitter handle https://twitter.com/startupindia for latest information around the Startup India initiative.
You can share your feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor : Bharani