Hello and welcome to the sixth episode of Digital India Podcast on FIR Podcast Network. This show is weekly updates brought to you by staff and students of Web Marketing Academy This show gives you the latest updates in the digital marketing world in India. Today is 14th of July 2015 and we are giving you updates of the last seven days.
In this show we discuss an email of appreciation from K Nair for a lovely podcast like weekly updates. We also call out to listeners to send in their requests for specific topics under digital marketing that we could research and revert on our podcasts. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, company (if you are working), contact details and we will revert with a podcast attributing it to you.
The major headlines for this week are:
- Amazon India records high growth in music category. Read More>>>
- Amartya Sen’s social media abuse on Twitter. Read More>>>
- SBI and HDFC Bank most active in addressing customer query on social media: Report – Read More>>>
- Google India’s Code to Learn Contest becomes part of Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan. Read More>>>
Further to the weekly updates we discuss the statement made by Suresh Babu, Founder and CEO, Web Marketing Academy on how brands in India can utilize social media optimally. The statement was made on Fortune magazine, special issue that covered top companies in India. The context was the acquisition of Mygola by Make My Trip.
- Why engagement is low on social media when it comes to brands?
- Why ROI is always measured in sales / leads alone?
- How agencies need to educate clients on digital marketing?
- Why even the best brands seem to have an engagement of less than 1% on social media?
- Why in the top 10 slots in India we don’t find any brand presence when it comes to India and how the top 10 slots are occupied by mostly Bollywood celebrities of gods of Cricket?
Finally Suresh Babu talks about the video from Google – ‘Internet Saathi’.
Since its a new show, it would be of great help if you could share your ratings and reviews. Please give us your feedback. For those of you who have something to say, you can leave a comment in the comments section below and you could get in touch with us on email@example.com. We hope you have enjoyed this weekly updates. Catch you same time next week.
Editor : Bharani